This past weekend Billie and I were on PA to attend a family reunion of her dad’s side of the family. Last year we weren’t able to make it to the annual event so we had a lot of catching up to do. What a wonderful time we had getting to see friends and family that we hadn’t seen, or even spoken with in some cases, in nearly two years.
The smiles, hugs and handshakes began as soon as eyes met. Even though it had been such a long time since we’d been able to visit with these folks, it felt like it had been merely weeks or a few months, not two long years.
If these types of meetings here on earth are so endearing, can you even begin to imagine what the reunions with loved ones who have gone on will be like someday in Heaven? And so much more, what it will be like to someday finally see and be able to worship Jesus right at His feet? Indeed, what a day that will be, as the old song says, when my Jesus I shall see!
(1) <A Psalm of David.> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
(2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
(3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
(4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
(5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
(6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
I thank You for the knowledge that when the race here on earth is run I have something far, far better to look forward to, and not of anything I have or ever will do but by Your grace alone.